Hardwood Floors – Rejuvenate them !
In your busy home, your hardwood floors take a beating. Everyday wear and tear from your pets, kids, spills, traffic, high heel shoes, even your furniture, can gradually dull the appearance of your floors. We believe your floors should always look new, and they can with routine maintenance. Sanding and refinishing is expensive, so follow these simple tips to clean, protect and preserve your investment:
Deep clean your floors
Cleaning your hardwood floors regularly is an important part of keeping them beautiful. As you know, there are a variety of household mops and steamers on the market. These will temporarily clean the surface, but they fall short when it comes to extracting the deep, ground-in dirt.
That’s why it is so important to schedule a deep cleaning with Disaster Recovery every 6 to 12 months. Our equipment will gently agitate and loosen embedded dirt and residue, and then immediately extract it. You’ll be surprised what your mop or steamer has been leaving behind! (Yes, we can even show you!)
Protect your floors
After your deep cleaning, we can take it a step further by applying a fast-drying protective finish. Choose a satin or gloss finish for an added layer of protection, and to make routine cleaning easier.
Preserve your floors
- Regularly vacuum or sweep your floors – at least once a week. Walking on a residue of grit and dirt will grind into your floor’s surface like sandpaper.
- Remove spills right away. Water and other liquids can damage wood if not removed quickly.
- Clean your floors at least weekly. But be careful: Avoid using wax, oil soap, or other household cleaners containing wax and silicone-based products. They can compromise your floor’s finish and make cleaning even more difficult. If your floors ever need to be refinished or recoated, these products will interfere with the bonding process. There are hundreds of hardwood floor cleaning products on the market, but many of them will leave a sticky residue and eventually dull and cloud your finish. Even “natural” cleaning products, like white vinegar, can be too acidic. Choose mild, neutral cleaners only.
- Place mats at all entryways (inside and outside), and runners or area rugs in your high traffic areas.
- Avoid rubber-backed rugs. They can actually DISCOLOR the flooring underneath.
WE ALSO OFFER:
- Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
- Tile and Grout Cleaning
- Oriental and Area Rug Washing
- Furnace and Air Duct Cleaning